Friday, March 12, 2004

Maya's birthday party - part one

A Birthday and a funeral

As the class was about to go to the park, they discovered that the class's hamster died. So, off we go, birthday cookies and hamster in the box for a party and a burial.
I told her teacher that it's actually a good thing - Maya had been having fears of death lately - and this is a good way to deal with it.
So we gave cookies, Victor played his guitar with all the kids around it as the teacher took a shovel in another corner of the park where she dug a hole.
The weather had turned colder with clouds and sunshine alternating fast - but the wind kept its promise to Maya.
So, at one point, kids, teacher, box, guitar moved to the park of the park where the funeral was going to start.
Victor kept it cheerful with some nice songs - "I'm gonna miss you when you're gone" with the kids singing along. Then the kids spoke - mostly saying : "You were a nice hamster" - with one long memory girl adding: "But I didn't like when you bit me"
At the end I reminded Maya her Halloween ghost song so she soloed in "I'll fly away, hate to say good bye but I'll fly away"
We left for home - not a minute to soon - since I noticed that some kids were crying....

We came home where Maya is excitedly waiting for the opening of their roller blades box (Victor had to go get wire cutters for that !)
As for the weather - as the party ended - turned shitty. Cold, cloudy - I can see the snowing prediction happening now.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive