Thursday, January 01, 2004

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY!

Last night we all watched the ball dropping in Times Square on TV and saw the fireworks in Brooklyn (fom Bobbie & Pipa's terrace).
This afternoon we gathered in the garden where a bonfire was already going. Victor had his guitar, Erica brought hers and the fiddle too. Bob, the garden artisan was stoking the fire with Maya and a little boy helping by throwing leaves, Victor and Maya made a huge bag of popcorn wich we brought along and Maya was filling cups and offering everyone (including passers by in the street).
Tim, and Jeff were doing vocals with Erica and Victor, Fran brought along some Taittinger champaigne and cheese - so I am pleasantly tipsy as I write this. Dolores was meeting everyine and receiving compliments dor her sculptures. Bob showed us his little secret magic garden (behind the door in the back of our garden). Not many plants now in December, but statues and little surprises in every corner - a trully magical place.
Carolyn was planning a better Solstice ritual for next year with me. Someone had made a New Year's resolution to buy a pack of cigarettes (since she'd been smoking other people's) so I enjoyed some Rothmans with my champaigne (still not smoking, still enjoying it once in a while)
As I was watching everyone doing their favorite thing, the clear feeling envelopped me: I am in the right place, at the right time, and this is going to be an amazing year for everyone (well, at least everyone decent).
So, once again, to all of you,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive