Thursday, January 15, 2004

First snow and sleighing

We had snow before, but this one stuck and maya had asked for a sleigh before. So Victor went through the storm today and got her a "spinner" . It's like a frisbee - big enough for a kid to sit in. So, a very exited Maya and I went to find a hill - and did, not far from home. Maya had a blast! Told everyone around that it was her first time and she learned 3 lessons:
1. That the little kids doing this the very first time need to give themselves a little warning: it is a little bit scary in the begining" The second lesson was about being harder climbing uphill and I am afraid I forgot the third one.
She told me she found one dollar in the snow. "Did you pick it?" "No"
Another kid goes down, picks it and hands it to Maya. "I don't care that much about money" she answers. I thank the kid and tell him that it's his find now and everyone, including his parents is very happy.
We end the day with a hot chocolate with whipped cream.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive