Saturday, March 08, 2003

"Just back from a Code Pink peace protest (2 actually)"



At Hillary's office again - "It takes a US Bomber ta Raze a
Village".
Organized by Brooklyn Parents for peace, was inviting
women to done
floppy hats and boas. A petition was circulated asking
Hillary to vote
for the Byrd-Kennedy Amendment. Tbere were speakers,
singers and
a very colorful crowd (I'd say about 1000) in the most
outrageous
outfits. Men were there - some sporting pink

bathrobe and
turbans
with a very creative collection of hars. The
chicks with the
strap-on
missiles were there
I had great fun for a while with a spirited group asking car
drivers to
honk for peace - most of them did - and we were cheering
them back.
It was great fun! On the way home, another event - about
the same
size was going on in Union Square. That was IAC though
and Palestine
was more proeminent than Iraq in the speeches and signs -
so I just
told some people about the other pritest and I left. Just a
day in NYC
in the crazy bush times.

One speaker confirmed that we will have a march on March 22 although the location is still unknown.
On the way home, in the subway station I was reading over someone's shoulder from NY Post: "Non to War, Oui to Treason" I let my fabulous purple boa brush against the paper, the reader looked up at my purple hat filled with anti-war buttons and smiled approvingly.
On the way home I was thinking: "hey, it's great to feel both
glamorous and righteous at the same time! This was a blast!

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive