Sunday, February 02, 2003

Groundhog Day official prediction :

There'll be six weeks of more winter. Booo!

Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Hear Ye!

On Gobbler's Knob, Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania at 7:27 a.m. this Groundhog Day, February
2nd, 2003, Punxsutawney Phil, King of Groundhogs, Seer of Seers, imitated but never
equaled, responded to the summons of Groundhog President Bill Cooper. Bill Deeley, his
friend and Handler greeted him affectionately and placed him atop his domicile, the old oak
stump. From this lofty seat he addressed the large enthusiastic throng of faithful followers,
wishing them a "Happy Groundhog Day." Phil may be as cute as a Beanie Baby but when he
predicts in his Groundhogese there is no maybe. He directed president Bill to the appropriate
scroll which reads:

Governor Rendell joins this joyful throng
of several thousand strong
and he like everyone will thrill
at seeing the magic on this hill
as I make my prognostication
and give my justification:
I see my shadow beside me
and that is that magic you see.
It causes this midwinter revelry,
six more weeks of winter there will be.

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive