Wednesday, January 29, 2003

"I Will Marry You and Daddy and Skip all the Wedding Thing"

Said Maya to me this evening. Her teacher told them today about getting married and the girls talked about weddings. She eventually asked me: "How come that Bubbie and Pipa live together even though they are grown up?" I explained to her that as they grew up, they left their parents, got married and started a family of their own.
"You will probably do this yourself some day." She did not like that idea at all and told me that she wants to stay with me always. I reassured her that I for one will always enjoy her around so, unless she changes her mind, we stick together. This was going on by 3PM, as we were coming home from school. Tonight, as she was going to sleep, she decided the marriage/no wedding thingy. I wonder what the 4 year olds talked about weddings that turned her off...

No comments:

Labels

Blog Archive